What We Collect
Information You Provide to Us We collect the information you provide to us directly when you install, access, use, and operate Jiunge.
Account information: We collect information necessary for the purpose of registration, access to our Site, and provision of services. To create an account and access Jiunge, you must provide a name, surname, password, username, email address, Date of Birth, Gender, and telephone number. Your username is public. We store your user account preferences and settings.
Content you submit: We collect the content you submit to Jiunge. This includes your posts and comments including saved drafts, your messages with other users, such as private messages and chats. We also collect your reports and other communications with our moderators and administrator. Your content may include text, links, images, gifs, and videos.
Actions you take: We collect information about the actions you take when using Jiunge. This includes your interactions with content. It also includes your interactions with other users.
Customer Support: You may provide us with information related to your use of Jiunge, including copies of your messages. For example, you may send us an email with information relating to our app performance or other issues. We will use your personal information to reach out and offer customer support.
Information We Collect Automatically: When you access or use Jiunge, we may also automatically collect information about you. This includes Log and usage data. We may log information when you access and use the Services.
Information for marketing purposes: For the purpose of receiving our news and/or newsletters, information of sales, actualizations, updates and offers, and other marketing materials in the form of e-mails or letters, and/or notifications we process (i) your name, (ii) surname, (iii) e-mail and (iv) address. We process these personal data on the basis of your express consent.
How We Use Information About You
We use information about you to:
• Provide, maintain, and improve Jiunge: We use your information to operate and provide our Services, including providing customer support, and improving, fixing, and customizing our Services. We also use your information to respond to you when you contact us.
• Research and develop new services: We analyze and evaluate how you use our services and use the information to research, evaluate, and improve our Services. We use your information to develop and test new services and features, and conduct troubleshooting activities to give you a greater experience.
• Safety and Security: We use information about you to help protect the safety of Jiunge and its users, which includes addressing abuse, and enforcing the Jiunge user agreement. We verify accounts and activity and promote safety and security on and off our Services. We do investigate suspicious activity or violations of our Terms and ensure our Services are being used legally.
• Provide customer service: We communicate with you about products, services, offers, promotions, and events, and provide other news and information we think will be of interest to you.
• We do monitor and analyze trends, usage, and activities in connection with our Services
How Information About You Is Shared
When you use the Services, certain information may be shared with other users and the public. For example:
• When you send private messages or private chats, the recipients of those messages will be able to see the content of your message, your username, and the date and time the message was sent. Keep in mind that additional users may be invited to join a private chat after you send a message.
Please note that, even when you delete your account, the posts, comments, and messages you submit through Jiunge may still be viewable or available on our servers. We do not share, sell, or give away your personal information to third parties unless one of the following circumstances applies:
• To comply with the law: We may share information in response to a request for information if we believe disclosure is in accordance with or required by, any applicable law, regulation, legal process, or governmental request, including, but not limited to, meeting national security or law enforcement requirements.
• In an emergency: We may share information if we believe it's necessary to prevent imminent and serious bodily harm to a person.
• To enforce our policies and rights: We may share information if we believe your actions are inconsistent with our user agreements, rules, or other Jiunge policies, or to protect the rights, property, and safety of ourselves and others
• With our affiliates: We may share information with ABNO Softwares International, our parent company
• Aggregated or de-identified information: We may share information about you that has been aggregated or anonymized such that it cannot reasonably be used to identify you. For example, we may show the total number of times a post has been upvoted without identifying who the visitors were.
Ads and Analytics Partners
We may partner with third-party advertisers, ad networks, and analytics providers to deliver advertising and content targeted to your interests and to better understand your use of the Services. These third parties may collect information sent by your computer, browser, or mobile device in response to a request for content, such as unique identifiers, your IP address, or other information about your computer or device.
Advertisers and Ad Networks
Managing Your Information
As a Jiunge user, you have choices about how to protect and limit the collection, use, and disclosure of information about you.
• Signing-off from your account: You may sign off from your account at any time from the user preferences page. When you sign off your account, your profile is no longer visible to other users. Please note, however, that the posts, comments, and messages you submitted prior to signing off your account will still be visible to others unless you request the administrator to delete the specific content. We may also retain certain information about you as required by law or for legitimate business purposes after you delete your account.
• Changing your profile picture and status message: You may change your profile picture and status message at any time
Controlling Mobile Notifications
With your consent, we may send promotional and non-promotional push notifications or alerts to your mobile device. You can deactivate these messages at any time by changing the notification settings on your mobile device.
Controlling Location Information
If you initially consent to our collection of location information, you can subsequently stop the collection of this information at any time by changing the preferences on your mobile device.
We store the information we collect for as long as it is necessary for the purpose(s) for which we originally collected it. We may retain certain information for legitimate business purposes or as required by law.
International Data Transfers.
Changes to This Policy
P. O. Box 19892-00100
Kaka House, 3rd Floor, Maua Close Off Parklands Road, Westlands, Nairobi – Kenya